[U-Boot] Bug in CRC32 (maybe a overflow effect)

Charles-Antoine Couret charles-antoine.couret at nexvision.fr
Wed Aug 17 14:54:52 CEST 2016

Hello,
My company works with nVidia Tegra K1 boards and we use a dedicated U-Boot to flash images into eMMC.
So, before flashing images, we checked CRC32 for each part of the image (u-boot, kernel and rootfs).
For U-boot and Kernel, any issues. For rootfs, below 60 Mio it is good in general, but with 200 Mio the CRC32 is always wrong.

We compared manually the beginning and the ending of the rootfs between board's RAM and development computer: no differences noticed.
And the squashfs, if flashed with the wrong CRC32, has any errors or issues during the boot and after.

So, for us, CRC32 has an issue in U-Boot for a large file / memory size.
We didn't find similar reported issue.

Thank you in advance if you have an idea to fix or identify that.
Have a nice day.
Regards.
Charles-Antoine Couret