[U-Boot] I need help linking a standalone program

Jason Hendrix jhendrix at codependable.com
Thu Feb 4 23:26:32 CET 2016

Hi all,
  I'm trying to create a standalone program that runs a rigorous memory test.  I'm having trouble linking in the rand() functions, getting "undefined reference errors from GCC".  I am using the Freescale/NXP LS1021ATWR dev board.  I'm working with U-boot through Yocto and the Freescale QorIQ SDK.

*       I started by copying the "example" directory to a "vpg-apps" directory and have proceeded slowly from there

*       I believe I'm near success - if I comment out the rand() functions in my code, the application builds the vpg-mem-test.bin image (the app name is vpg-mem-test).

*       I'm including <common.h>

*       I've added the define CONFIG_LIB_RAND to my board header file, and rand.o is being built and placed in my ls1021adeg_nor_config/lib/

*       In my vpg-apps/api/Makefile, I added the line EXT_COBJ-y += lib/rand.o just under the line EXT_COBJ-y += lib/vsprintf.o

I would appreciate any advice.  Thanks.
-Jason