[U-Boot] [RFC 0/2] Add cdns-i2c driver as drop in for zynq-i2c

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Tue Jan 5 16:44:53 CET 2016

On 28.12.2015 18:47, Moritz Fischer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I spent some time moving over the zynq-i2c.c to support dm.
> While doing that I realized that renaming it to cdns-i2c might
> make sense since it now could be used with other SoCs that also use the
> the Cadence IP.
>
> This is a first shot, but I'd like to get some early feedback ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Moritz
>
> PS: I skipped touching the Zynq board files for now, since I wanted to make sure
> I get the driver right first ;-)
>
> Moritz Fischer (2):
>   i2c: Describe Cadence I2C devicetree bindings
>   dm: i2c: Add driver for Cadence I2C IP
>
>  doc/device-tree-bindings/i2c/i2c-cdns.txt |  20 ++
>  drivers/i2c/Kconfig                       |   7 +
>  drivers/i2c/Makefile                      |   1 +
>  drivers/i2c/i2c-cdns.c                    | 339 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  4 files changed, 367 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 doc/device-tree-bindings/i2c/i2c-cdns.txt
>  create mode 100644 drivers/i2c/i2c-cdns.c

I have looked at these patches and I don't know why there is 100k
limitation in cdns_i2c_set_bus_speed. DTS is using 400k in Linux without
any problem.

Unfortunately I found that i2c muxes like pca9548 are not supported yet
but I have create sort of skeleton for that but it looks like that there
is no standard binding where i2c-parent is required. Also every muxes
bus needs to have correct label and alias.

Also I have found that there is eeprom dependency which needs to be
resolved to be able to use this driver instead of old one.

Thanks,
Michal