[U-Boot] Sandbox DT for testing (unit tests)

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Tue Jan 26 23:36:56 CET 2016

Simon,

I noticed that under sandbox, "ut dm" needs sandbox to have been started
with arch/sandbox/dts/test.dtb. A few questions related to that:

a) Is it safe and does it make sense to always use that DT when running
Sandbox for tests (e.g. under test/py)?

b) Does it make sense for that DT to be the default (perhaps bundled
into the executable like other DT-using platforms, or perhaps the
default value for the -d option if the user supplies none)?

c) Is it possible for "ut dm" to detect if the correct DT has been
loaded (e.g. by reading some property only in that file as a marker) and
only execute tests that don't rely on test.dtb if test.dtb isn't in use?

I think running "ut env" and "ut time" under test/py should be very
easy, although the test log will only report overall status, not the
status of each individual test within the ut invocation. That
information will still be in the log file though. I'll go add tests for
those two at least.