[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.09-rc1 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Jul 26 04:33:30 CEST 2016

Hey all,

It's release day and v2016.09-rc1 is out and the merge window is closed.
I've updated git and the tarballs are also up now.  I've made an attempt
at keeping track of what updated as things went along this time:
- DM / MMC block device clean up, patman improvements
- DM now supports of-platdata for cases where we are very much size
  constrained.
- Various SPI fixes / improvements
- Arch / SoC / Platform updates: x86, rockchip, sunxi, TI, NXP/FSL,
  Tegra, Zynq, uniphier
- First round of updates to the PSCI code to make it easier to use.
- mkimage cleanups
- More test.py updates, vboot now a testcase
- Secure boot on MPC85xx.

And of course, other things as well.  Please feel free to chime in if
there's something important I forgot to call out.

If you notice any problems with the release, please speak out and thanks
all!

--
Tom