[U-Boot] mmc erase Command and Bad Sectors

Aron L. Phillips aron.phillips at ghielectronics.com
Wed Jul 27 14:17:53 CEST 2016

Greetings Jaehoon,

No. When I enter into u-boot (when I press the space bar booting the
Beaglebone Black) I will see this =>

>From this command prompt, I type mmc dev 1 and it switches to the onboard
eMMC chip. If I type mmc erase 0 0x500000, it erases 5,242,880 block
sectors. I would like to know what it is actually doing to the chip in terms
of is it changing any of the marked sectors that are marked as bad (if there
are any). Is it doing anything to the chip that I do not want it to do? How
is it erasing the chip, etc?

Sincerely

Aron