[U-Boot] Disable command at runtime

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Jul 29 16:59:40 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 04:37:31PM +0200, Petr Kubizňák wrote:

> Hi Tom, thanks for your reply.
>
> Such way is of course possible, but you surely know I'm rather
> interested in more clever solutions. Besides the understandable fact
> that I don't want to maintain two u-boot variants and flash it
> twice, I also believe it can be useful to lock "almost everything"
> and unlock it once I need, e.g. in case of some troubles.
>
> So any suggestions which would really answer my question, please?

It wouldn't be two variants, but two defconfigs.  But, no, we do support
locking things down such that we only boot verified images.  We don't
have any sort of lock/unlock or disable/enable of certain commands at
the prompt.  You would be better served by having an emergency
self-contained kernel + ramdisk to deal with troubles rather than being
in U-Boot, most likely.

--
Tom