[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.07-rc1 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Jun 7 01:46:14 CEST 2016

Hey all,

It's release day and v2016.07-rc1 is out and the merge window is closed.
I've updated git and the tarballs are also up now.

To make sure everyone is on the same page, I'm going to start to get
more strict about what comes in, soon enough.  I plan to do -rc2 around
the 20th and I'll try and pick up both what I need to grab still and
what custodians pick up.  But things should be focusing on stabilizing
or getting features ready for v2016.09-rc1.

Some highlights include more DM support (both in general such as block)
and specific (FSL I2C).  Freescale ARMv8 platform support has been
updated with new platforms and MIPS has seen a number of new / updated
platforms as well.  And on that note, x86, Zynq, sunxi, TI, rockchip and
socfpga also saw big updates.  Finally, we've pulled in patches that
bring in "lib1funcs" from the Linux kernel rather than rely on gcc's
libgcc.  This will make building on a number of distributions much
easier.

Thanks all!

--
Tom