[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.07-rc2 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Jun 20 17:26:03 CEST 2016

Hey all,

It's release day and v2016.07-rc2 is out and on time.  I expect to do
-rc3 in another two weeks.  I've updated git and the tarballs are also
up now.

We've gotten a number of PRs in with the sort of changes that should go
in, in.  Going forward now changes really should be of the bug fix
variety.  Or Kconfig changes since we now have a test for tbot to
confirm migration doesn't change the outputs (thanks Heiko!), I'm happy
to see patches to migrate things where people have confirmed
moveconfig.py does the right thing and verified their changes.  I'm even
OK running the moveconfig.py part myself.

To me, the big highlight here is that AUTOBOOT has moved to Kconfig and
while this exposed some problems, it also got tools improved and the
overall process made better.  I do wish it wasn't so bumpy, but I think
we've got it all in hand now. Thanks all!

--
Tom