[U-Boot] u-boot hangs after enabling secured boot : gumstix-overo

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sun May 1 20:55:42 CEST 2016

Hi Arun,

On 28 April 2016 at 14:48, Arun Kuttiyara Varghese
<arunkuttiyara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was trying to enable the secured boot in u-boot for gumstix overo storm.
>
> based on http://www.denx-cs.de/doku/?q=m28verifiedboot
>
> After I prepared by SD cards, u-boot is not able to boot
> and gives the below error message.
>

> U-Boot SPL 2015.07 (Apr 28 2016 - 13:53:06)
> SPL: Please implement spl_start_uboot() for your board

This seems to be implemented for pepper, so to avoid this warning you
could add this function for your board.
.
> SPL: Direct Linux boot not active!
> reading u-boot.img
> spl_load_image_fat: error reading image u-boot.img, err - -1
> SPL: Please implement spl_start_uboot() for your board
> SPL: Direct Linux boot not active!
> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
> spl_load_image_ext: ext4fs mount err - 0
>
> ================
>
> This is the u-boot.dts file that I am using.
>

> /dts-v1/;
>
> / {
>         model = "Keys";
>
>         signature {
>                 key-dev {
>                         required = "conf";
>                         algo = "sha1,rsa2048";
>                         key-name-hint = "my_key";
>                 };
>         };
> };
>
> compilation using :
> dtc -p 0x1000 /work/u-boot.dts -O dtb -o /work/u-boot.dtb
>
> And these are the conf that I have added to include/configs/omap3_overo.h
>
>  #define CONFIG_OF_CONTROL
>  #define CONFIG_OF_SEPARATE
>  #define CONFIG_FIT
>  #define CONFIG_FIT_SIGNATURE
>  #define CONFIG_RSA
>  #define CONFIG_FIT_VERBOSE

These are in Kconfig now, so you should add them to
configs/omap3_overo_defconfig.

I'm not sure what is wrong, but those two things might help.

> and I am compiling u-boot by using below line :
>
> make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- EXT_DTB=/work/u-boot.dtb all
> -j4
>
> Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to debug this issue.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Arun
Regards,
Simon