[U-Boot] askenv with timeout?

Eugeniu Rosca eugeniu.m.rosca at gmail.com
Mon May 16 16:49:19 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

Recently I got the need to read some environment variable from stdin, as
user input. So, I discovered the 'askenv' command. One additional
requirement I have is avoiding any blocking behavior, which would be
possible if askenv supported the timeout concept. However, it doesn't
seem to be the case in the 'do_env_ask' function. Here follow some
questions:

- Will there be a timeout option for askenv in future?
- What is the closest alternative right now (I believe some 'echo'
  statements combined with 'bootdelay')?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
Eugeniu.