[U-Boot] xhci USB controller driver for x86 board

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Nov 10 07:21:55 CET 2016

Hi Chi,

On 10.11.2016 03:16, Kever Yang wrote:
> Hi Chi,
>
> On 11/10/2016 12:51 AM, Ding, ChiX wrote:
>> Hi there
>> I'm having problem getting USB 3.0 controller working properly on the
>> Intel Denverton x86 board.
>> First I tried to use xhci driver, but there doesn't seem to be any
>> xhci driver or generic driver for x86
>> I only found the following
>> xhci-exynos5.c:   { .compatible = "samsung,exynos5250-xhci" },
>> xhci-mvebu.c:     { .compatible = "marvell,armada3700-xhci" },
>> xhci-rockchip.c:  { .compatible = "rockchip,rk3399-xhci" },
>
> The xhci.c and xhci-dwc3.c in U-Boot is generic driver, but you may need
> one driver for x86,
> this is very like what kernel did, so you can reference to how kernel
> enable the x86 dwc3.

Please take a look at this patch:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/649489/

You do not need to change anything in the dts with this patch. Only
enable the correct Kconfig options for your board.

I've been able to enable xHCI support on BayTrail with this. But as
mentioned in the commit text, this still had some problems on my
board. Unfortunately I've not had the time to dig into it in the
meantime. It should be a good starting point for you. Perhaps it
even works for you out-of-the-box.

Marek, could you perhaps queue this patch for the next merge
window? It has a Reviewed-by from Simon.

Thanks,
Stefan