[U-Boot] [RFC 0/1] Add TEE loading support to FIT image

Andrew F. Davis afd at ti.com
Mon Nov 14 20:49:24 CET 2016

Hello all,

Internally[0] we use the a hook in the FIT loadable section to install
our trusted execution environment solution (OPTEE) which is packaged
in the FIT image with the rest of the platform's images. I would like
to get some feedback if this will be an acceptable solution?

This patch is the first step where we allow a platform to add a
custom hook for the "tee" type loadable. The rest of the work
is in the platform specific call and so not relevant to this RFC.

The resulting FIT .its looks something like this:

am57xx-evm.optee {
	description = "OPTEE OS Image";
	data = /incbin/("am57xx-evm.optee");
	type = "tee";
	arch = "arm";
        compression = "none";
};
configurations {
	am57xx-evm {
		description = "Linux kernel, FDT blob, and OPTEE OS for the AM57xx EVM";
		kernel = "kernel at 1";
		fdt = "am57xx-evm.dtb";
		loadables = "am57xx-evm.optee";
	};

Thanks,
Andrew

[0] git://git.ti.com/ti-u-boot/ti-u-boot.git

Andrew F. Davis (1):
  image: Add TEE loading to FIT loadable processing

 Kconfig         | 10 ++++++++++
 common/image.c  | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/image.h | 15 +++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 43 insertions(+)