[U-Boot] FDT retrived varaibles appear to have different properties fom other u-boot variables - and are corrupted on get, set, get sequence

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Thu Nov 17 16:07:26 CET 2016

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 12:08:23AM +0000, dh at synoia.com wrote:
> Cédric
> I move the fdt to 0x100
> fdt move ${fdt_addr}  100
> fdt addr 100
>
> then
> fdt get value bootargs /chosen bootargs
> printenv bootargs
> bootargs=........all the boot args.......but setenv abc $bootargs fails...as does printenv $bootargs
>
> fdt set bootargs /chosen bootargsfdt get value bootargs /chosen bootargsbootargs=bootargs
> The variable name bootargs replaces the values contained in the variable bootargs in the fdt.
> Something is not right in the world of fdt code.
>  Duncan Hare

I just tried this on a random platform that I have around, and do not
see this problem.  But also, what exactly is your end-goal here?  While
one can modify the fdt in memory and even modify the bootargs passed via
this method, normally one will just set bootargs in the environment and
let the fdt be updated by the normal mechanism (which will I suspect
blow away your modifications unless bootargs is _not_ set in the
environment).

--
Tom