[U-Boot] T2080 l2-cache-controller compatible string overwritten by ft_fixup_l2cache

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 10:43:03 CET 2016

Hi,

I was just looking at what it would take to add the T2080 L2 cache to
the mpc85xx_edac driver in Linux. At a cursory glance all the
registers appear to be there so I figured I'd just add the appropriate
entry to the of match table.

To my surprise I found that the compatible string in my device tree
was overwritten with "cache". I've tracked this down to the
CONFIG_SYS_FSL_QORIQ_CHASSIS2 implementation of ft_fixup_l2cache in
u-boot.

The CONFIG_L2_CACHE version seems to take care to update the device tree node to

  compatible = "fsl,t2080-l2-cache-controller", "cache";

but the CONFIG_SYS_FSL_QORIQ_CHASSIS2 version just sets this to

  compatible = "cache";

Is this an over-site or is it intentional?

Thanks,
Chris