[U-Boot] what/where is image_entry()

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Thu Nov 24 11:04:48 CET 2016

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 00:44:51 +0000
Haleigh Novak haleigh at edt.com wrote:
> Please forgive the uber-beginner question but I can not find anything related online,
> I have been digging around in the uboot source and I stumbled on the image_entry()
> function; sometimes it has parameters and sometimes it does not. I am unable to
> locate the source(s) of the function, so I can not see how it works. Could someone
> explain what image_entry() actually does or at least point me to where it is defined?

it starts execution of the first code in the U-Boot image at address
defined with CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE. What it actually does is platform
dependent. Compile the image for your target and then search for this
address the System.map file. On ARM there will be a _start label for
this address, it is usually some code in assembly file (branch
instruction at reset vector).

--
Anatolij