[U-Boot] Macronix NOR_SPI and Quad I/O

Champ, Andy andycham at amazon.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 17:37:17 CET 2016

Hi all,

in the table in drivers/mtd/spi/spi_flash_ids.c there is a flag WR_QPP set against Macronix devices (including the ones Dumitru is just adding).

This is used when programming the devices on a 4-bit bus to select the command to use for programming - either CMD_QUAD_PAGE_PROGRAM (0x32) or CMD_PAGE_PROGRAM (0x2).

The Macronix devices that I have a spec for do not mention command 0x32. Each of the devices that I have a spec for ( MX25L25635F MX25U51245G MX25V8035F and MX25V1635F ) use command 0x38 instead.

This would suggest to me that devices that support quad I/O, and have Macronix NOR-SPI, won't be able to program them.

Am I missing something, or is this a problem?

I'm not able to check because we don't use Quad I/O.

Regards

Andy Champ

Amazon Lab126

Cambridge, UK.