[U-Boot] [RFC] Rearrange CONFIG_* macros

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Sep 27 19:51:56 CEST 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 05:39:55PM +0000, york sun wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I want to discuss to rearrange the current CONFIG_* macros used by
> Freescale Layerscape SoCs. We have been encouraged to use CONFIG_SYS_*
> macros to define hardware setting, and other CONFIG_* macros for user
> setting. Clearly this has changed. Kconfig options are used for most
> user settings from now on. I am OK with it. But for existing
> CONFIG_SYS_* macros, we need a plan to either move them out of CONFIG_*
> name space, or move some to Kconfig, if that makes sense. Since most our
> CONFIG_SYS_* macros are cross platforms (including armv7 and armv8), if
> using Kconfig option, do we add another mach-fsl folder to host the
> Kconfig, or somewhere else? We also have macros cross ARM and PowerPC.
> So we either move them out of arch/, or duplicate them for both arch.
>
> If we move them to another name space, for example SYS_FSL_*, do we want
> to move them out of config.h?
>
> Any suggestion/comment?

Well, if something is cross-platform the code is somewhere
cross-platform too, yes?  For example, if anything DDR related makes
sense to stay as CONFIG_SYS_FSL_... it could go in to
drivers/ddr/fsl/Kconfig and be visible in both cases.  Otherwise
<asm/arch/fsl_ddr.h> and SYS_FSL_... (or whatever makes sense, looking
at the am33xx and mx6 cases, there's no SYS_ type prefix on the defines,
just the IP block names) for the defines.

--
Tom