[U-Boot] U-boot 2017.07 not working on Raspberry Pi

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Mon Aug 21 05:06:51 UTC 2017

Hello Tom,

Am 03.08.2017 um 19:42 schrieb Tom Rini:
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 09:42:13AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
>> On 08/03/2017 07:45 AM, Simon Glass wrote:
>>> I'm not sure if we have a Raspberry Pi in a test farm anywhere. I
>>> should be able to look next week if no one can figure these out
>>> beforehand.
>>
>> I thought that Tom had some Pis in his test farm?
>
> I have an RPi 3, but we don't have Linux boot tests atm.  I'm talking
> with Kevin Hilman about how I might setup kernelci to test a few things
> in my lab, which might catch this kind of problem sooner rather than
> later.

You might try tbot? I just writting a guide [1] how to setup tbot for a
beagleboneblack, so I hope it is easier to start with...

I have running a weekly linux test for the beagleboneblack [2] beside
the weekly U-Boot mainline tests on the beagleboneblack [3].

[2] based on the linux tree from Robert Nelson, tbot does:
     "git clone --reference=/home/git/linux.git git at github.com:beagleboard/linux.git linux-bbb"
     compiles/boots it and does some very basic tests (for example
     check all SoC registers defined in the files [4] under linux) ...
     you can easy expand this tests, as tbot does cmdline tests ...
     new board configs/testcases are welcome ;-)

bye,
Heiko

[1] http://www.tbot.tools/guide.html
[2] http://xeidos.ddns.net/buildbot/builders/bbb_lx