[U-Boot] Getting splash screen to work

Sergey Borovkov serge.borovkov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 08:00:06 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am trying to get splash screen work in the uboot but have no luck so far.

Anyone can help me with what I might be doing wrong? I have following code
right now:
fatload ${devtype} ${devnum}:${bootpart} 0x00200000 /splash.bmp && bmp
display 0x00200000;

I can see that image is actually loaded into the RAM. I can read it back
with bmp info. bmp display does nothing though. I tried putting an image
with incorrect color depth on the SD card and at that time bmp display
actually complained about incorrect color depth. So it's actually called
and can read the image.
Setting splashimage variable made no difference as well unfortunately.