[U-Boot] [BUG]Rockchip armv7 SoCs can not boot on latest U-Boot

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon May 22 20:38:15 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 02:26:21PM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> +Tom
>
> Hi Kever,
>
> On 17 May 2017 at 03:56, Kever Yang <kever.yang at rock-chips.com> wrote:
> > Hi Bin,
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestion, I already find the root cause.
> >
> > This patch change the image package and lead to all Rockchip SoCs
> >
> > with BACK_TO_BROM enabled can not work.
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg245567.html
> >
> > Is it possible to do verify commits for different platform like kernelci
> > for
> > kernel patches in U-Boot?
>
> We do use buildman to verify that things build, and that tests pass on
> sandbox. But specific boards can still become broken.
>
> Tom has something like this set up and uses it to check the boards he
> has. I encourage you to set up some boards at your facility and do
> this!

Indeed, it's time for another reminder about both tbot (which Heiko
runs and instance of and maintains) and test/py/test.py +
https://github.com/swarren/uboot-test-hooks which is what we use to
control qemu targets in travis-ci and real hardware in various labs
(Stephen has one for tegra and I know there's a few other private
setups) including mine.  I don't however have any Rockchip targets, but
suggestions of a board that would be a good fit for a lab are welcome
(ie easy console and recovery from bad builds).

--
Tom