[U-Boot] Get number of seconds since beginning of epoch

Jonas Mark (BT-FIR/ENG1) Mark.Jonas at de.bosch.com
Fri Aug 3 10:40:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am wondering whether U-Boot already has the functionality to retrieve the number of seconds since beginning of the 1970-01-01 epoch. I would like to use this value in a Hush script.

For a product I have the requirement to detect if the current booting happens within x seconds of the last boot. I already have access to the system’s RTC and can read it with U-Boot’s date command. This returns the current date and time in a nice human readable format. I am now looking for something which would return a timestamp in seconds. I could then fulfill the afore mentioned requirement by calculating the difference between two timestamps using Hush and the let command.

Alternative proposals how to fulfill the requirement within U-Boot are welcome, too. ☺

Best regards,
Mark

Building Technologies, Panel Software Fire (BT-FIR/ENG1)
Bosch Sicherheitssysteme GmbH | Postfach 11 11 | 85626 Grasbrunn | GERMANY | www.boschsecurity.com

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 23118
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Stefan Hartung; Geschäftsführung: Tanja Rückert, Andreas Bartz, Thomas Quante, Bernhard Schuster