[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.04 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Apr 9 01:42:01 UTC 2019

Hey all,

So it is release day and despite a few last minute regression fixes, I
think I'm overall comfortable doing the release today.  Our next release
is v2019.07 so we once again have time to stabilize things prior to
release and not feel rushed.

With this release, we've hit the deadline for DM_MMC conversion (setting
aside SPL/TPL) and SPI (but not SPI_FLASH).  What does that mean in
practice?  Well, in some cases we won't be deleting the compatible code
yet as other block devices have their deadline being v2019.07 and you
cannot mix-and-match DM and not DM block.  That was even a last minute
regression fix this time.  So on those platforms I am confident that
people will be finishing related conversions ASAP.  And then, if we
don't need the code for SPL/TPL, it can go away.  In other cases, where
things aren't migrated at all, soon some patches will get posted that
will require enabling BROKEN to select non-migrated code paths.  This
isn't happening right away as I know people are working on finishing
things up for migration, and again, that whole other block devices thing
too.

I'm mentioning this here as v2019.07 has deadlines for the rest of the
block drivers as well as video and PCI and SPI flash, and I want
expectations to be set.

So with that, the merge window is open and we're looking at doing the
v2019.07 release on July 8th, 2019.

Thanks all!

--
Tom