[U-Boot] [BUG] Wandboard fails to boot via U-Boot bootefi, GRUB

Leif Lindholm leif.lindholm at linaro.org
Tue Jul 2 20:27:07 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 07:35:31PM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> > This always felt somewhat precarious to me.
> >
> > Could you possibly:
> > - add 'set debug=linux' in your grub.cfg and paste the logs
> > - add some printouts to arm32-stub.c
> > ?
>
> That debug output is ever so strange. Why would loader/arm64/linux.c be
> invoked on a 32bit system?

Yes, this is a bit counterintuitive (and my fault).
Effectively, the arm64 loader is now effectively a generic UEFI linux
loader for DT platforms. Once the 2.04 release is out, I intend to
drop the last mentions of ARM*, shuffle it out to loader/efi, and
enable it also for Risc-V.

> This is the output on my Wandboard that fails to boot (I do not see much
> of a difference to the output for the OrangePi PC below):

> loader/arm64/linux.c:60: UEFI stub kernel:
> loader/arm64/linux.c:61: PE/COFF header @ 00004550
> loader/arm64/linux.c:313: kernel file size: 4231680
> loader/arm64/linux.c:316: kernel numpages: 1034
> loader/arm64/linux.c:332: kernel @ 0x6e202000

Hmm...

I will investigate this off-list with Heinrich, since it's far from
certain the problem is with U-Boot.

/
    Leif