ZynqMP boot: no messages from SPL other than "Debug uart enabled"

Major A andras.g.major at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:34:36 CEST 2020

Hi Michal,

It turns out that the JTAG chain was interrupted by an FMC card.  After
removing it, this is what your JTAG commands give me (starting at the
point where it gets interesting):

xsdb% dow -data spl/u-boot-spl-dtb.bin 0xfffc0000
100%    0MB   0.2MB/s  00:00
Successfully downloaded <u-boot path>/spl/u-boot-spl-dtb.bin
xsdb% memmap -file spl/u-boot-spl
xsdb% rwr pc 0xfffc0000
xsdb% bpadd -addr &udelay
0
xsdb% Info: Breakpoint 0 status:
    target 9: {Address: 0xfffcc484 Type: Hardware}
xsdb% con -block -timeout 3000
Info: Cortex-A53 #0 (target 9) Running
xsdb% Info: Cortex-A53 #0 (target 9) Stopped at 0xfffcc484 (Breakpoint)
udelay() at lib/time.c: 178
178: couldn't open "<u-boot path>/lib/time.c": no such file or directory
xsdb% bpremove 0
xsdb% dow -data u-boot.itb 0x10000000
100%    1MB   0.2MB/s  00:08
Successfully downloaded <u-boot path>/u-boot.itb
xsdb% con

At this point, there is no more console output.

Question: does this look like what you expect?  Why is there a reference
to lib/time.c in a binary file, and with an absolute path on top of
that?  The file isn't there because I only copied the files loaded into
the debugger from the u-boot repository (they are on two different
computers because xsdb only works on a Windows machine).  So, lib/time.c
is there on the build machine but not on the xsdb one.

What next?

   András