imx8qxp mek: Booting mainline kernel with mainline U-Boot

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Thu Jan 16 17:57:09 CET 2020

Hi Fabio,

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:38:26 -0300
Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Anatolij,
>
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:04 PM Anatolij Gustschin <agust at denx.de> wrote:
>
> > Currently I do not have an i.MX8QXP MEK board with RevB CPU and cannot
> > test, but I have an i.MX8QXP based custom SoM with console on ttyLP2.
> > Here I tested with NXP BSP kernel based on branch imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga
> > and it boots successfully (with NFS rootfs or rootfs on eMMC).
>
> I have just tested imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga and still get the same hang.

then it might be due to scfw API incompatibility?

> [Adding Marcel]
>
> Just wondering if anyone else managed to boot mainline U-Boot with
> mainline kernel on i.MX8QXP.

yesterday I wanted to test some mainline drivers on my SoM and
created simple device tree for booting with console output.
Mainline kernel v5.5-rc6 booted successfully, (but without FEC
support).

> If so, what firmware combination was used?

Unfortunately, my i.MX8QXP SoM was damaged today and it doesn't boot
any more and it is not recoverable, so I cannot check the used firmware
hashes. I only know that it was something from 4.14.98_2.0.0_ga release.

--
Anatolij