RZ/G2 USB quirks U-Boot

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:37:21 CEST 2021

I recently broke my dominant wrist, so I apologize if this message is
hard to read.

I have been running some tests with the RZ/G2 MNH processors, and I
noticed a difference in behavior between a cold boot, a soft reset,
and a hardware reset.

If I'm in u-boot, an issue the reset instruction, and I return to you
boot and attempt to start the USB system, the system hangs.

>From a cold boot, I can use USB 3, but the USB 2 does not enumerate
slave devices.

If I press the reset button, both USB 3 and USB to host enumerate slave devices.

I've tried different versions and combinations of ATF and u-boot, but
the problem seems to affect u-boot itself.

I wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions on where I should look
to troubleshoot this and if anybody else has already observed this.

Thanks.

adam