Problem IMX8MN booting legacy kernel and mipi display

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:03:43 CET 2022

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 1:27 PM Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
<michael at amarulasolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim
>
> You are using the imx8mm. I have problems on imx8mn. It's like some
> part is not implemented. Time to time power domain timeout if I
> enabled
> mipi pipeline

If you're using ATF from its mainline branch, it likely does not have
the power domain code enabled, so many peripherals (including DSI and
CSI) likely won't work.

The power-domain code would be located in gpc.v [1], but as far as I
know, attempts to push that upstream were abandoned in favor of having
Linux do the power domain stuff, so to use NXP's kernel, you'll need
NXP's ATF.

[1] - https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-atf/tree/plat/imx/imx8m/imx8mn/gpc.c?h=lf_v2.4

adam