Don't use sudo in python tests

Sean Anderson seanga2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 03:16:32 CEST 2022

On 10/22/22 18:00, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

> Am 22. Oktober 2022 20:44:27 MESZ schrieb Sean Anderson <seanga2 at gmail.com>:

>>> Note that virt-make-fs is only suitable for trivial cases as it's
>>> otherwise too slow. This is possibly one of the cases where it's too
>>> slow.
>>>

>> An easy way to do this is to use fuse2fs/fusefat.
>
> My experience with fusefat is that it was terribly buggy 2-3 years ago.
>
> Last upstream source is from 2018.

Yeah, I had not used it before. fuse2fs is nice. It doesn't support replaying
the journal, but this doesn't matter when creating a filesystem.

mtools seems incredibly clunky, but it appears to work, and has reasonable
performance.

LKL [1] seemed like it might have been the most robust solution (with lklfuse),
but it hasn't made it upstream yet (and the primary author seems to have stopped
trying).

--Sean

[1] https://github.com/lkl/linux