U-Boot for Terasic - Cyclone 5 - DE10-standard board

mauricio.penteado at litinow.com mauricio.penteado at litinow.com
Thu Jan 25 13:05:19 CET 2024

For some time I have been trying to understand how to build an embedded
Linux to my terasic de10-standard board, without success.

After booting the provided Linux image that is available for download
from the terasic website, I was able to check the following information:

U-Boot: 2013.01.01
Kernel version: 4.5
Machine model: Terasic DE1_SoC
Shall I try to build my embedded Linux using these versions of u-boot,
kernel and machine model?

I’m asking this because I’ve already tried the most up-to-date versions
of u-boot, kernel and already used a machine model that matches my
board, but unfortunately I’m not able to change the “soc_system.rbf” to
reprogram my board at booting time.

Changing the “soc_system.rbf” when using the terasic’s provided Linux
image works pretty well.

The problem with the most updated versions are probably linked to
changes on u-boot, which combines support for the secondary preloader
and u-boot into one u-boot-with-spl binary.

Whatever, I wonder if I should invest some time building my embedded
Linux using these outdated versions of u-boot, kernel and machine model
or I will waste my time.

Could anyone help?