[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 is out

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 7 12:50:23 CEST 2008

Dear Fathi,

in message <6a2e33620804070226y2d7b09d7l1483b47d62e4ae84 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for your work !

You are welcome.

> What about the uClibc flavor ?

We will add it if a customer needs it so much that he is willing to
help with a little funding.

Frankly: I don't think it makes much sense. In most projects  we  see
that  it's  just a political thing. It seems it's easier to save some
800 KiB of RAM footprint by switching to uLibcs (and  paying  heavily
for  all  the  restrictions) than saving the same amount of memory in
tens of megabytes of application code.

My recommendation is to analyze the system first.  uClibc  is  almost
always premature optimization.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Premature optimization is the root of all evil.         -- D.E. Knuth