[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 static linking

Azra Aiyl azraiyl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 21:07:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

Today I tried to test the gcj from ELDK 4.2 for a PPC405EP.
Because the system the application should running on is 3
years old (with Linux 2.4 and uclibc) i thought to link the
HelloWorld.java statically. Everything went fine till i got a
sigsegv on the target system. Then I tried to compile
helloworld.c with gcc -static. It crashed too.

When I look at the syscalls with the help from strace I can see the following:

open("/lib/libc.so.0", O_RDONLY)
read
mmap's
close
munmap
ioctl(0, ...)
ioctl(1, ...)
setuid()
setgid()
setgid(0)
setuid(0)
exit(1)

Wenn I build the same helloworld.c with my toolchain (built with buildroot)
I dont see any open call to libc.so.0 wenn i compile the application with
-static.

Thanks in advance for any clarification or hint to get gcj running :)