[ELDK] Building ELDK from scratch

Phil Terry pterry at micromemory.com
Tue Apr 22 01:21:21 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 20:07 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1208798748.28519.35.camel at pterry-fc6.micromemory.com> you wrote:
> > 4. The trg gcc build fails because of a locale issue to do with de_DE.
> > The localedef invocation (occurs on my mandriva build but not on the
> > Fedora 6 build) fails because ISO-8859-1 is not found in the charset
> > directory /usr/share/i18n/charset which is not present on the work cross
> > build. If I run the localdef of my host (after installing
> > glibc-i18ndata) it works fine but the cross_tool path localdef
> > (installed from elocaldef build eldt.17) fails. So I patched out the
> > de_DE check in the spec file to get past this... don't know what the
> > correct solution should be.
>
> You probably have not installed all required language packets (EN + DE
> should be all that's needed).

So the section I commented out is being invoked on Mandriva cos its
looking for a file in /usr/lib/locales which is the location in Fedora.
On Mandriva its in /usr/share/locale so a quick softlink should fix
that, ie prevent it trying to do the localedef call.

Cheers
Phil
PS if this is off topic let me know...