[ELDK] Linux 2.6 and Debian

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 25 18:34:01 CET 2008

Dear Chris,

In message <38DDE3CEE6FE4549B76F4B97113115B2 at kos> you wrote:
> I would like to use a 2.6 kernel (for UVC camera support) with a
> Debian distro.

Feel free to do that - however, I don;t see how this could be related
to the ELDK ?

> My catch is that 2.6 changed the 5200 serial port to ttyPSC0 and so
> the installation does not display any serial output which expects
> ttyS0.

So what's the problem? Just add a /dev/ttyPSC0 device to your root
file system?

And read the ``Installing Ubuntu 6.10 on AMCC PPC 440EPx "Sequoia"
Board'' application note at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/AN2007_01_InstallUbuntuOnSequoia

> An aside: Ubuntu seem to have dropped PowerPC support. Are there other
> distros I should consider for the PowerPC?

ELDK? :-)

Debian? Fedora? Gentoo?  Just to name 3 (in alphabetical order).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Life would be so much easier if we could  just  look  at  the  source
code.                                                   -- Dave Olson