[ELDK] profiling on ELDK 4.1

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Jun 11 10:59:00 CEST 2008

Hi Dipanjan,

> We have ported our program on ELDK 4.1 based board (running freescale
> 8280). Can somebody suggest us a way to do function level profiling on
> the platform. Does ELDK provide a profiling tool?

The ELDK contains the "standard" gprof functionality supported by gcc.
In a nutshell, to use this add "-pg -fprofile-arcs" to the CFLAGS,
compile run and then use gprof to analyze the data.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
.. most of the finest products of an applied mathematician's fancy must be
rejected, as soon as they have been created, for the brutal but sufficient