[ELDK] Disable any messages to console

Giuseppe Modugno g.modugno at elettronika.it
Fri Jun 20 16:50:02 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I have a ELDK system running on a ARM9 board. By U-Boot I use
"console=ttyAM0,115200" parameter for linux kernel. In that way the
Linux console is the first serial port and I can see kernel messages,
login and so on.

I want to use both serial ports available for purposes other than see
kernel messages and login (I can always login by telnet).

So I disable the login by serial ports and pass the "quiet" parameter
to linux kernel.
In this way, during the boot, I don't see any kernel message and I
can't login anymore by serial port, but only by telnet.
However some messages are send to the serial port (I think linux
consider ttyAM0 as the console and when he want print messages to
it). For example, when I login by telnet, I see the message about
root login on the serial port.

I tried to pass 'console=ttyAM25,115200', but the kernel stops (I
think, because I don't see anything, but telnet doesn't work
anymore).

How can I completely disable messages to ttyAM0 by kernel?