[ELDK] Disable any messages to console

Giuseppe Modugno g.modugno at elettronika.it
Mon Jun 23 09:01:06 CEST 2008

On 20 Jun 2008 at 18:45, Detlev Zundel wrote:
> > I tried to pass 'console=ttyAM25,115200', but the kernel stops (I
> > think, because I don't see anything, but telnet doesn't work
> > anymore).
> Well, specifying a non-existant device is not really nice.  Although
> it shouldn't crash the kernel, probably very little testing went into
> such cases...

Oh, I agree with you, but I was trying all the settings that came in
my mind.

> > How can I completely disable messages to ttyAM0 by kernel?
> There is an easy answer, simply do not provide any "console="
> parameter at all.  A standard Linux kernel will not magically connect
> consoles to any serial ports, so this will do what you want.

I tried without "console=" parameter at all, but the kernel continues
sending messages to the first serial port.
I think the kernel I'm using has a default console that is the first
serial port. What is the kernel configuration I must change to clear
the default console?

Anyway I found another good solution to my problem. If I pass
"console=null" to the kernel, messages aren't actually send to the
first serial port (I think they are disabled).