[ELDK] Ubuntu 8.04 and ELDK 4.1

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Jun 30 18:11:09 CEST 2008

Hi Tim & Scott,

>> I recently tried to install ELDK 4.1 from a mounted ISO onto a clean
>> installation of Ubuntu 8.04.  It goes through the installation process
>> until it reaches gawk-arm_trg.  At that point, the installation is
>> frozen and never comes back.  I have gone through this identical process
>> once already with complete success on a desktop PC, however, this latest
>> attempt is on an Acer laptop.  Any ideas/solutions would be much
>> appreciated.  Let me know if you need more info.  Thanks.
>>
>> -Scott
>>

> Hi Scott,
>
> I've got it setup on kubuntu8.04 - ran into the same issue you did, but
> can't quite remember what I did to get around it... sorry! It was pretty
> simple though, so you're not far off...

Did this get cleared up in any way?  One interesting thing to do would
be to attach with "strace -p" to the process hanging in the install
process.  If you see calls related to the futex mechanisms, it is very
likely that there is a kernel/glibc problem involved.  I once saw such a
behaviour on a single Fedora version which went away either downgrading
or upgrading the kernel.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
C hasn't changed much since the 1970s. And let's face it it's ugly.
Can't we do better? C++? (Sorry, never mind.)