[ELDK] Want to build a ebc.ko object

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 25 17:30:13 CET 2008

In message <B9639434CFA424438117913649CDB78704E37823 at MA_EXCHANGE.corp.sds.l-3com.com> you wrote:

> >Unfortunately you fail to show us your boot command,
>
> I also said the last output on the console was;

Yes, you said that, and I wrote that you did not show us yoru boot
command.

And I tell you that nobody will be able you when you fail to provide
the information we ask for.

> Nothing more came out on the console.

Then you might try to interrupt the boot process by  pressing  a  key
and then print the bootcmd variable?

> The command line passed to Linux works for the original version.  I
> would expect it to also work for the newer version.

I have no idea what "original version" might be, but no - if that was
a arch/ppc kernel and now it's arch/powerpc, then it will NOT work.

> >but to me it seems as if you did not load (and pass to Linux) a device
> tree lob?
>
> Hmm, is there somewhere else to look when the kernel misbehaves, that is
> other than the console?

It would help if you answered the question.

Also, you did not comment if you loaded and passed a device tree blob?

And please, don't full-quote / top-post.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A mouse is an elephant built by the Japanese.