[ELDK] Want to build a ebc.ko object

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 25 21:09:35 CET 2008

In message <B9639434CFA424438117913649CDB78704E37A06 at MA_EXCHANGE.corp.sds.l-3com.com> you wrote:

> I printed out the bootcmd and arguments.  Not sure what an device tree
> blob is?

This command...

> flash_self=run ramargs addmtd setip addip addtty;bootm ${kernel_addr} ${ramdisk_addr}

...will only wok ith old-style (arch/ppc) kernels. New (arch/powerpc)
kernels need a device tree. Normally, U-Boot will pass  this  to  the
kernel - you need to give it's address as 3rd argument in the "bootm"
command.

See Documentation/powerpc/booting-without-of.txt and
http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/UBootFdtInfo for more details.

AND WILL YOU PLEASE STOP TOP POSTING / FULL QUOTING?

AND ALSO STOP POSTING HTML?

PLEASE?!!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able  to  conquer
the world."                 - Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.