[ELDK] Posix Shared Memory

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Thu May 22 14:22:59 CEST 2008

"Daniel Stonier" <d.stonier at gmail.com> writes:

> In your experience, is there any reason to favour SYSV over Posix? We
> only chose posix keeping in mind that we may wish to port to QNX in the
> future.

Good question. SYSV is a lot heavier than POSIX shared memory and has
some features that POSIX hasn't (get number of attached processes).

Nevertheless i would choose the POSIX variant because shared memory
objects are files that can be addressed through the file system instead
of their own namespace(ftok, ipcs(1) ...)

Best regards

Markus Klotzbücher

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de