[ELDK] Creating small target rootfs in DENX

Phil Terry pterry at micromemory.com
Fri May 23 21:06:34 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 14:48 -0400, Dave Rensberger wrote:
> OK. I saw that, but the documentation that I read had lead me to believe
> that SELF was nothing more than a collection of small example rootfses.

Well thats what you want right? An example setup of how to create and
manage a subset installation to a rootfs which is absolutely minimal so
you can simply add to it.

You will need to edit the line in spec file which just copies in the
"dummy" application, a hello world shell script, with something more
substantial.

In the source tree you edit the various *.list files which control the
subset of your "full install" tree which get copied in.

In the spec file you could either explicitly copy your application
executables, libraries and data files instead of the dummy or set up an
"application.list" mechanism as they use for the other stuff, or simply
edit the libraries and files list files which are already there to
include your application.

When you've done all that you simply rpmbuild a new src and binary rpm
so that your fellow developers and/or customers simply install your
version of the SELF rpms

SELF is an example of a package which you actually have to get in and
edit using the install of the src rpm, rpmbuild -bp, edit, rpmbuild -ba
etc.

Hope this is helping...