[ELDK] Anybody Using Mainline KGDB on PowerPC 4xx/Kilauea?

Jason Hanna jason.m.hanna.at.coincident at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:36:31 CET 2008

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to enable the "KGDB-Lite" code that has been incorporated
into the kernel mainline since 2.6.26 (I'm running 2.6.27.3 on a
Kilauea right now).

I think I've enabled all the right configuration parameters as
described in the KGDB DocBook. Passing "kgdboc=ttyS0,115200 kgdbwait"
as additional arguments at boot time.

Kernel uImage and device tree will load (via TFTP) and then everything
hangs. GDB on my host won't make the remote connection (timeout).

Tried re-compiling with the kgdb test suite enabled
(KGDB_TESTS_ON_BOOT) and the system still hangs at the same point -
providing no additional information.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
-jmh