[ELDK] Terminal settings are not working

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Nov 24 17:23:00 CET 2008

Hi Axel,

> i want use the SELF image from the 3.1.1 ELDK. But when i try to
> call my application which uses ncurses over an serial or telnet console
> i get Error opening Terminal: vt100.
>
> My application needs vt100 and i have set TERM already to vt100. termcap
> is in /etc and /usr/share/terminfo exists.

Do you have the vt100 termcap entries copied? I.e. does
'/usr/share/terminfo/v/vt100' exist?

> My Application works under the nfs root /opt/eldk311/ppc_6xx/ with no
> problems.

try to trace what files are really used by the termcap application by
using something like

strace -o /tmp/strace.out -e open <app>

then check /tmp/strace.out and be sure to have all relevant those files
in your ramdisk...

Cheers
  Detlev

--
He thinks he's really smooth, but he's only C^1.