[ELDK] Debian Lenny Install on AMCC 405EX (Kilauea)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 25 10:34:04 CEST 2008

Dear Jason,

In message <8f9e78f00809241450h787bb57cr130fc8d8c3f65a18 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> This is the point where I get stuck. When I attempt to mount my NFS
> directory using the following command:
> mount -o nolock -t nfs <nfs-svr-ip>:<nfs-mnt> /somedir
>
> BusyBox returns the following exception:
> mount: mounting <nfs-svr-ip>:<nfs-mnt> on /somedir failed: Invalid Argument
>
> I can mount the same NFS directory from other systems and I've
> confirmed (using wget) that my Kilauea does have network access. No
> related errors or exceptions are found in /var/log/syslog.
>
> I'm speculating that the compiled version of BusyBox included with my
> Lenny Install might not be configured to allow NFS mounts? I'm

That might be possible.

Maybe you can extract the real "mount" probram from the  installation
files  and  download  it  (you said "wget" was working) to the target
(say, to /tmp), and then try using this?

Alternatively, you can probably put the files on a USB  mass  storage
device and mount this instead of using NFS.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
To be is to program.