[ELDK] packages list in ELDK-4.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 30 16:07:33 CEST 2008

Dear "Roman Mashak",

In message <40a670230809291750h3145d82v5843a25d0eaf2610 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Just installed ARM port on the Debian/x86 host. Everything went
> smoothly. Now I want to get a list of installed packages, run this
> command:
>
> # /opt/eldk/bin/arm-linux-rpm -qa

If you have a closer look, you will see that
/opt/eldk/bin/arm-linux-rpm is just a symlink to /opt/eldk/bin/rpm, i.
e. to a generic binary that is used for all architectures supported by
the ELDK. So you have to tell it what it is supposed to do.

Try:

	$ export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-
	$ arm-linux-rpm -qa

and ... ?

> Do I need to declare some other environment variables, except
> CROSS_COMPILE? What else am I missing?

You have to set and to export CROSS_COMPILE. I think, in your case you
forgot to export the variable.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Winners never talk about glorious victories. That's  because  they're
the  ones  who  see  what the battlefield looks like afterwards. It's
only the losers who have glorious victories.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_