[ELDK] packages list in ELDK-4.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 30 16:39:31 CEST 2008

Dear Stefano Babic,

In message <48E1D41A.5040402 at denx.de> you wrote:

> > Do I need to declare some other environment variables, except
> > CROSS_COMPILE? What else am I missing?
> > Thanks.
>
> You have to set ELDK_ROOT to the path you have installed ELDK. The best
> thing is to source the eldk_init file. It sets all variable for you.

Oops? ELDK_ROOT is never needed to run any ELDK tools. Actually, it is
not mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

The only things that need to be done is setting the PATH (so you don;t
have to use full path names), end exporting CROSS_COMPILE.

Actually exporting CROSS_COMPILE is the *only* essential step.

What exactly were you talking about?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Don't you know anything? I should have thought anyone knows that  who
knows anything about anything...      - Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_