[ELDK] Rebuilding ELDK-4.1-uclibc with IPv6 support

J.T. Conklin jt.conklin at xorp.net
Tue Feb 24 18:22:10 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> In message <6c5c8a400902231610h135a225cu88043d8ea84f041f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > I've read the "ELDKRebuildingComponents" wiki page, and have installed the
> > crosstool RPM.  I've changed the uclibc-ppc-config in
> > <ELDK_ROOT>/usr/src/denx/SOURCES to enable IPv6, and I thought that all I'd
> > have to do is to rebuild with "<ELDK_ROOT>/usr/bin/rpmbuild -ba
> > crosstool.spec".  But that fails trying to copy
> > gcc-4.0.0-glibc-2.3.5-eldk.dat, so there must be something additional needed
> > to select a uclibc vs. glibc environment.'
>
> What exactly were the commands you used to do this? Did you follow
> the instructions in the manual to the letter?
>
> Did you - for example - export UCLIBC=1 ?

Hi Wolfgang,

As I mentioned, I used the "<ELDK_Root>/usr/bin/rpmbuild -ba
crosstool.spec" as described in the Rebuilding ELDK Components wiki
page (<http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents>).

I checked again, and there was no mention of setting the UCLIBC
environment variable -- the only instruction is to insure the
$CROSS_COMPILE environment variable is unset .  Is there perhaps
another manual that I should be using?

In the mean time, I'll try rebuilding with UCLIBC set.

Thanks,

    --jtc