[ELDK] Rebuilding ELDK-4.1-uclibc with IPv6 support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 26 08:49:32 CET 2009

Dear "J.T. Conklin",

In message <6c5c8a400902251604r2be41d2cr94aaa864e0a553ef at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  It's very helpful.
>
> We're a VMware ESXi shop, so I'm going to try to set up a FC5 VM
> myself first rather than trying your QEMU image.  But if that doesn't
> work, I'll try that.

Note that the image itself is in now way dependent  on  Qemu.  It  is
just  a  raw harddisk image - uncompressed size if 6 GiB = 6144 MiB =
6442450944 bytes. You could write it to a physical hard disk of 6 GiB
(or bigger) and then boot a real machine from it.

You most probably can also boot from this using VMware.

You may even be able to use qemu-img to convert it into a VMware
format, probably like that:

	-> gunzip root-rh-7.3.img.gz
	-> qemu-img convert -O vmdk root-rh-7.3.img root-rh-7.3.vmdk

[Note that this is completely untested; we don't  use  a  proprietary
tool  like  VMware  when  there  is equivalent free software like KVM
around.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I believe you find life such a problem because you  think  there  are
the  good  people  and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There
are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are  on  oppo-
site sides.                      - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_