[ELDK] Building tcpdump package in eldk 4.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 6 15:36:24 CET 2009

Dear Matheos,

In message <4962B816.2030005 at sun.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to build tcpdump package for ppc/powerpc architecture. The
> library (libpcap) and the tcpdump src come in non rpm package. I was
> wondering if there is a good way of building the src in
> ".configure/make" build scheme in cross compile environment in eldk 4.1?

If you just need something for immediate use, then the fastest way is
always to build the library and the tool on the target - it is one of
the big advanages of  LDK  over  other  embedded  distros  that  ELDK
includes a complete native build environment.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
To be a winner, all you need to give is all you have.